In this guide, we will walk you through the best practices for manufacturing web design services that will help you generate more leads for your business.
1. Your website design should focus on lead conversion
As your website will often be the first point of contact for your potential customers, it is imperative that it is designed with lead conversion in mind. This means that every aspect of your site should be geared towards encouraging users to take the next step and make contact with you or one of your team. An excellent place to start is to design a clean and easy-to-navigate format with clear call-to-action (CTA) buttons.
Remember, your website should be designed with the audience in mind. For this reason, you must always prioritise your customers’ user experience as they will be the ones browsing through your pages.
So, how can you create a user-friendly manufacturing website?
- Your site pages should have a fast loading speed. If you need any help improving the speed, your web designer will be able to offer advice and practical tips.
- Make use of white space to break up the pages so that users can easily read the content.
- Simple yet well-organised navigation controls can enhance the user experience and convince visitors to remain long enough on your site to become leads. Organise your pages by using broad headings and subheadings or subcategories.
2. Engage your audience by adding relevant visuals
Visuals are a powerful tool for engaging an audience and keeping them on your site. In addition, high-quality images and videos of your products and services can give your potential customers a better understanding of your offers. Indeed, they will be more likely to remember your brand if they can associate it with a particular image.
While you can add visuals by simply using stock photos, it is far better to incorporate images of real people. For example, authentic photographs of your employees can help personalise your website so that your products and brand are more appealing to visitors.
3. Encourage customers to provide testimonials or reviews
Social proof is a powerful motivator for potential customers; if they have had a positive experience with your company, they will be more likely to trust you. For this reason, you should always encourage them to leave positive reviews and testimonials on your site. Not only will this boost your credibility, but it will also provide potential customers with an idea of what they can expect from your company.
You can integrate these testimonials into your web design. In addition, you can also incorporate positive reviews from other sites, such as Google and Yelp.
4. Share your expertise through blogs and videos
Blogs and videos are a popular way of sharing expertise and establishing yourself as a thought leader in your industry. By providing valuable information and insights, you can build trust and attract even more leads. Besides, this is an excellent way of driving traffic to your site and boosting your search engine rankings.
Which is better, a blog or a video?
Well, although blogs are easy to create, videos can explain complicated concepts in a way that the written word simply cannot.
You could also utilise infographics to visually present statistics and essential facts to your audience. This is a simple but effective way of grabbing people’s attention and helping them find valuable information on your site. Furthermore, infographics are easy to share on social media platforms.
5. Add call-to-action buttons to direct users to the next stage
CTA buttons are a crucial element of lead generation. They help guide users through the process of becoming a customer and make it easy for them to take the next step.
You should try to include CTAs on every page of your site and make sure they are clear and easy to find.
Here are some tips on how to create an effective CTA button:
- The CTA should pop out of your page. In fact, visitors should be able to instantly find it so they can proceed to the next stage of the purchasing process. It is important to select colours that will stand out on your site and attract users’ attention.
- The CTA should also have a compelling design that will entice visitors to click on it. Generic CTAs, such as “Click here”, are no longer effective. Instead, you need to make them more informative and appealing by using phrases such as “Download our catalogue today!”.
- Typically, CTA buttons are round, rectangular and oval, and you need to determine which shape would be a good fit for your pages. You can use different shapes to test the response of your audience.
Other means of generating leads
a. Paid ad campaigns can be an effective way of generating leads for a manufacturing website. With the correct strategy, you can reach new audiences and guide them to your site. Once they land on your landing pages, you can talk more about your products and services, and try to convince them to become customers.
b. It is imperative that any manufacturing website trying to generate leads should establish a strong presence on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Moreover, many of these platforms have lead-generation forms that can help you convert followers into leads.
Generating leads is key to the success of any manufacturing business. By focusing on lead conversion and appropriate web design strategies, you can ensure your website will attract new customers. From engaging visuals to CTA buttons, there are many ways of generating leads for your business. Most importantly, you will need a reliable and experienced web designer who will understand your goals and successfully implement your strategies.