Many website owners think it’s enough to just have a page with their contact details and maybe a brief history of their business. But if you want to stand out from the competition and attract more customers, your about us page needs to be much more than that.
Need some help getting started? Contact us so we can help get you on the right track. Our team of web design and content experts will make sure your website is one that will make a lasting impression on your potential customers.
What to include on your about us page:
- A brief history of your company – tell your story and give some context for why you’re in business
- Your mission statement – what are you trying to achieve?
- An overview of your products and/or services – what do you have to offer?
- Both of the above come down to your ‘why’ – why did you choose to work in this field / sector? Why is it important to you that you do what you do?
- Testimonials from satisfied customers – social proof that you’re good at what you do!
- Any awards or recognition you’ve received – this adds credibility to your claims
- Your team members – let visitors know who they’ll be working with if they choose to do business with you. Introduce the people who make up your company. Include photos and short bios to give website visitors a sense of who they’re dealing with.
- Any additional relevant information – e.g. if you’re a family business, or have been operating for a long time, or have an interesting history. This is your chance to add personality to your website and give visitors a sense of who you are.
- Social enterprises – do you support any local or national charities that resonate with you and your business?
- A call to action – what do you want website visitors to do after reading your about us page? Make it easy for them by including a clear call to action, such as “contact us now” or “subscribe to our newsletter.”
- Your history – one of our clients has been running for over 100 years, so we created an interactive timeline for them: https://johngoodgroup.co.uk/our-heritage/
Remember, it’s not just about listing facts – it’s about engaging with your audience and giving them a reason to do business with you.
It’s also worth considering a video overview to help your prospects really get to know you – people buy from people after all, so it’s a great way of engaging.
Take the time to craft a strong page that will make a lasting impression on your visitors. If you take the time to create a well-written and informative About Us page, you’ll be rewarded with more engagement from your target audiences.
You can find plenty of inspiration by looking at how other businesses in your industry have approached their own pages. With a little creativity, you can come up with an about us page that’s truly unique and will help your business stand out from the crowd. If you’re still not sure where to start, why not take a look at some examples of great About Us pages?
If you need any help along the way, our team of web experts is always here to lend a hand – just get in touch.